Thursday, November 6, 2008

Elections 2008

I am proud to be an american, more now that I have done my civic duty and voted. Up until this year I just kinda sat on the sidelines but this year there was so much at stake! Now that our new President has been selected. It is time for healing to begin and for us all to move forward. It will be an adventure to see where this all takes us and how the next four years in our country shape up. As an American I extend all of my support to the incoming President Obama. I love this country and hope that we have all selected the right person to lead us and be the face of our nation.

Also, as a Californian, I had the opportunity to vote on Prop 8. Which outlaws same sex marriage, I proudly voted yes for this measure and am so happy to say that it passed. With it passing we are now a state again that to marry you must be a man and woman. Thanks to all that voted with me! I am thankful for democracy!

No comments: